Road Trip: 4 Week North Island Itinerary
Frequently, I am questioned where exactly I went on my North Island road trip a few months ago. I took the ferry from Waiheke Island to Auckland, sped out of town and hit the pavement fast with my eyes set on Cape Reinga. After that, I drove around the island clockwise and down through the middle, missing the far east (I will make it back there soon!). After reaching Wellington I swung back around the clock up the west coast and made it back to Waiheke Island with two days to play with my friends.
Here is my four week New Zealand – North Island itinerary listed simply and chronologically.
- Whangarei (Read: 5 Things to do in Whangarei)
- Russell (Read: Russell: Introducing the Bay of Islands)
- Cape Reinga (Read: Surreal Cape Reinga)
- Piha (Read: My First West Coast Sunset: Piha)
- Coromandel Town
- Hot Water Beach & Cathedral Cove (Read: One Day in the Coromandel)
- Matamata & Hobbiton (Read: A Mecca To Hobbiton)
- Rotorua (Read: At Hell’s Gate)
- Napier (Read: A Short Guide to Napier)
- Palmerston North
- Waiheke Island (Read: Waiheke Island Vineyard Hopper)
- Mount Eden
Further reading: The Truth Behind Taking a Solo Road Trip